Thursday, December 27, 2007

Make your own joke

Well, Christmas has come and gone. The boxes are open, the paper is in shreds and the leftovers are wrapped in plastic. From comparing notes with colleagues and friends, I wasn't the only one who was a little blah about the whole thought of Christmas this year.

For me, I think it came from overexposure. Something about singing Christmas music since October made the whole thing less magical. By Christmas eve the last thing I wanted to hear was Christmas music on the radio. So when I was driving home from our candlelight service at church I popped in a Jump5 CD.

But like me, some of the other people who experienced the blahs this year had that blah punctuated by moments of fun and frivolity. Here's an example:


Now I'll let you make your own joke about the pose. But at least she got out of the ho-hum for a few minutes.